Employer: Holcombe Grammar School
Salary: TSAT Grade C (£16,500 to £18,500 FTE - £13,969 - £15,662 pro rata for hours and weeks stated)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks a year (Term time plus 5 INSET days)
Location: Chatham, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 25th May 2019
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
“Holcombe Grammar School deliver an inspiring curriculum” – Ofsted April 2018
Our recent Ofsted inspection has judged the schools as securely GOOD. We develop resilience and determination in the students’ learning and have been recognised for the good progress being made. We have set a culture of high expectations for all our pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to provide cover for absent teaching staff and the facilitation of learning by Key Stage 3 and 4 and 5 students.
The post-holder will be required to work some days at The Victory Academy as well as Holcombe Grammar School. The Victory Academy is 0.7 miles away from Holcombe Grammar School.
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following skills & experience:
• Successful recent experience of working with children of secondary school age.
• Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy and literacy skills.
• Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
• Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
• Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
• A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
• ICT skills
• Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
• Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
It would be advantageous if you also had:
• Relevant experience of working in a school environment
• Experience of working with DSEN students
• Basic knowledge of first aid
• Undertaken induction training for teaching assistants
• ‘C’ grades or above at GCSE level (or equivalent) in Science, English and Maths
What you will get in return from Holcombe Grammar School:
• Membership of a hugely successful and growing multi-academy trust with great CPD and future promotion opportunities
• Mentoring, coaching and professional development tailored to you individually wherever you are in your career
• Support from colleagues across the Trust to promote the sharing of best practice, alongside access to outstanding teaching and learning resources and coaching.
• Opportunities to develop leadership skills and train for the next step in your career.
• Access to New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise.
• Well behaved students who demonstrate a strong desire to learn
• Unique tools and training to teach our children thinking skills to improve their progress and outcomes
• Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Holcombe Manor with easy access to M2, M20 and M25
• 24 hour advice, information and counselling service
• Childcare vouchers; enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
• Discounted membership of a full-equipped gymnasium and fitness suite on site
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of staff across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.