Smart Teachers are working with an Academy in Newham, East London who are looking to appoint Cover Supervisors to join their pool for the forthcoming academic year. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a cover supervisor previously, and may have a specialist subject to support their application. Candidates will need to be flexible, have a strong presence in the classroom, and be able to support children in their learning. This could be an effective route if you have the ambition of becoming a full-time teacher.
About the Role
- 12 month contract, 32.5 hours/per week
- Located in Newham
- Providing short term absence cover as directed by the Cover Operator
- Supporting the education and welfare of pupils as directed by class teachers
- Delivering cover lessons to classes in years 7 to 11
- Supervising the work that has been set
- Liaising with Heads of Departments to ensure that appropriate work is set for classes
- Supervising classes during short-term teacher absence as well as breaks and/or lunchtimes if required.
In order to be considered for this role the Cover Supervisor will need to meet the following criteria:
· Must have a degree qualification (Bachelor or higher essential)
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Possess the ability to teach pre-planned lessons and partake in marking work
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number #RCR529411
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.