We are seeking a Cover Supervisor to start the academy as soon as possible. The role involves the supervision of whole classes under the guidance of teaching/senior staff, including implementation of work programmes, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities.
For a full description of the role please see the job description and person specification.
This post is for 37 hours per week / 39 weeks per year.
E-ACT Royton and Crompton
A forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Oldham. Through ‘Honesty’, ‘Excellence’ and ‘Aspiration’ we insist on providing a quality education that is pupil centred, inclusive and ensures that ‘no child is left behind’.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- One that takes great pride in providing ‘a culture that places the individual child at its heart’ and a ‘school community that works together to secure improvement.’ We want every child and staff member to stand out from the crowd and feel proud as part of our exciting journey towards achieving world-class status
- In a state of the art new building built in September 2019, we are privileged enough to work in an academy which offers both a modern and practical learning environment, along with locally unrivalled, inspiring surroundings for both staff and students alike.
- A “high energy” and rewarding place to work and our staff make daily positive impact upon our learners. We have a strong belief that if students enjoy learning and are equipped with the tools to succeed, then they will achieve at the highest level.
- Furthermore, disadvantaged students and those who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities are making swift progress
- improvement leaving the regional team to pick up time-consuming operational work
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 29 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
How to apply
- The closing date for this post is Wednesday 19 February 2020 at 12pm
- Interviews are planned for w/c 24 February 2020
- Please send completed application forms to: ERACAHR@e-act.org.uk
Please note: CV’s are accepted – you will be asked to complete a short application form if shortlisted for interview.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities forms.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.