Are you a graduate looking for the opportunity to gain experience in an educational setting? Are you thinking of teaching in the future but would like time to develop the essential skills required and assess whether this is the career for you?
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic colleague to supervise whole classes during the short term absence of teachers. In addition to supervising classes you will oversee the completion of work, manage the behaviour of the students and follow the school policies and procedures. Previous experience working in a school would be desirable but full training will be given to the successful candidate.
This role could either be as a Graduate Intern or Cover Supervisor. As a cover supervisor there will also be opportunities to support the learning of students within a specific department, as well as supporting with departmental admin. This can be a permanent position.
As a Graduate Intern there will be the opportunity to run additional activities to help students develop their creative, sporting or academic talents. This is a 1 year post with the option to continue into teacher training supported by the academy in the second year.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and reliable, reflective and innovative and will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.
You will be:
- an inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- passionate about your subject and have excellent academic qualifications
- able to offer an extra-curricular club or class.
- able to use a range of strategies to support classroom behaviour.
- a good communicator, with outstanding organisational skills
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a school environment within a wide range of roles
- The opportunity to progress into teacher training supported by the academy
- Excellent CPD provision and a school that values wellbeing
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to apply for this position, please email your completed Application Form to email@example.com . Applications to be received by the closing date of 9am on Monday 20th September 2021. Interviews will be held on throughout the application process.
Capital City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years