We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor on a Fixed Term Contract until the end of the 2020/2021 Academic year. The successful candidate will provide high quality cover for absent teachers in the classroom and assist as directed with student intervention. Full training and support will be provided. Responsibilities will include:
• Under the direction of the Cover Manager, supervise pupils in class during the absence of their class teacher.
• Attend staff briefings and meetings as and when required.
• Take class registers, as and when appropriate.
• Liaise with Curriculum Area Leader of Department, where possible, to ensure that instructions are clarified.
• Liaise with Teaching Assistants regarding individual pupils being supported in class.
• Administer clear instructions to the class, based on the detailed work set, and actively supervise pupils as they carry out the instructions.
• Inform the class teacher of any non-participation by individual pupils.
• Contribute to the planning and evaluation of work set for covering lessons.
• Provide feedback on learning activities and contribute to school review and development planning.
• Contribute to behaviour management within the academy, in accordance with the academy’s Behaviour Policy.
• Cover reception for lunchtimes where needed.
• Lead a tutor group as part of our pastoral provision.
In return, we can offer:
• A committed and successful department of teaching staff
• A detailed and supported induction
• support from senior leaders at academy
• free eye test for constant computer user
• access to the Employee Assistant Programme
• Free onsite parking.
Nene Park Academy is proud to be part of the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust along with North Cambridge Academy, Swavesey Village College, Stamford Welland Academy, West Town Primary Academy, Sawtry Village Academy, Ely College, Sawtry Junior Academy, Downham Feoffees primary, Bar Hill Primary and Lantern Primary school. This is an exciting time for the partnership. Having already made significant impact on progress and achievement, we are determined for the academy to be the school of first choice and a source of pride for its community
If you require any additional information please visit our website: https://www.neneparkacademy.org/welcome
We welcome visits from potential candidates and if you would like to arrange a visit or discuss this opportunity further, then please contact Sally Bibb (SBibb@neneparkacademy.org). For any other queries, please contact: Lynsey Mason: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 12th April 2021. Applications must be made via TES – we are unable to accept direct applications.
Nene Park Academy, Oundle Road, Peterborough, PE2 7EA is rated as good in all school areas (Ofsted 2018).
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Nene Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Nene Park Academy opened in September 2011 securing a partnership with Swavesey Village College, Cambridge that began by supporting its predecessor school. Both academies are part of the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust. Swavesey achieved ‘Ou...