DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A KEY PART IN THE DAY TO DAY SUPPORT OF OUR TRUST/ACADEMY AND BE PART OF SOMETHING OUTSTANDING?
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor at Rye Hills Academy.
To supervise whole classes during the short term absence of a teacher. The main focus of such cover will be to respond to questions, assist pupils to undertake set activities and keep them on a task and maintain order.
Grade D – Salary Points 9 - 11
£14,314 per annum Actual Salary (£20,344 – £21,166 per annum full time equivalent)
30 hours per week – Term Time Only + 5 days (PD days)
Temporary maternity cover basis, subject to change, for 6 months in the first instance.
The successful candidate will:
• Adhere to statutory requirements and current school policies.
• Maintain professional ethics, courtesy, and behaviour in any dealings with colleagues, students, parents, governors, visitors, and the general public, be this verbal, written, by phone or electronically.
• Preferably have previous experience of working within a school environment.
The duties are (but not limited to):
• To support individuals and groups of pupils to enable access to learning which could include those requiring details and specialist knowledge in particular areas.
• To act as an exam invigilator (under the guidance of the Exams Officer) as and when required.
• To register and record student attendance
• To supervise students who have been isolated from their peers as a behaviour sanction.
• Support the work of classroom teachers when deployed directly covering a class.
• To instruct students regarding the work left by their teacher.
• To follow school systems and procedures on behaviour management.
• To manage resources effectively and ensure classrooms are left tidy and ready for the next lesson.
What can we offer the successful candidate?
• A specific induction programme and exciting opportunities
• A clear and purposeful role - HUGELY valued by staff, students, parents and our community
Do you think you could be part of our team, contribute to our ongoing success and inspire our students, parents and your colleagues?
We look forward to hearing from you!