ABC Teachers, part of TES, are a leading recruitment service for schools in West Midlands. We currently have an unprecedented demand for Secondary Cover Teachers in North Birmingham. Our partnered schools are seeking enthusiastic individuals wanting to start their career as a teacher.
About the role:
• Competitive rate of pay
• Flexibility around current life style; work as many days as you wish
• Supervise the secondary class and manage behavioural issues in the absence of the regular teacher
• Both daily cover and long-term positions available
About the schools:
• Boost your career with highly regarded schools
• Be assigned a dedicated education consultant who works collaboratively with the schools in your area
• Experience a variety of schools and cover different subject areas
• Transfer your skills into the classroom and build upon them
What qualifications do I need?
You don’t actually need any qualifications to become a cover supervisor. We ask for you to have 25 days or more experience working with groups of children. This doesn’t necessarily have to of been in a school setting.
Typically you would hold a degree, but we ask for you to have 20 days or more experience working with children. This doesn’t necessarily have to of been in a school setting.
What you need:
• Eligible to work in the UK (must hold a valid visa)
• Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
• Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Access to classroom-based roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools and will help you achieve your best
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES
• Free CPD workshops
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Excellent refer a friend scheme
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact Chelsea in our Secondary team on 0121 481 2231.