Are you considering a career in, or returning to, teaching? If so, Southchurch High School could have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a creative, self-motivated and confident person to join our dedicated team of cover supervisors. The successful candidate will cover lessons for absent teaching staff and work across the whole curriculum. You will supervise work that has been set by the teacher to ensure continuity of learning and manage the behaviour of students in the classroom to encourage an effective learning environment. No teaching experience is required; however, this role may suit anyone considering teaching as a career or someone returning to the profession.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• High levels of literacy, numeracy and good communication skills.
• The vision and commitment to continually raise levels of achievement.
• Knowledge and understanding of the key principles in delivering a classroom lesson (desirable but not essential as training will be provided).
We can offer you:
• An extensive programme of relevant CPD for all staff.
• Working with a committed, hardworking and supportive team with the desire to raise student achievement even further.
• An emphasis on staff well-being and free access to external support agencies if needed.
• Free eye test vouchers for all staff.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Very modern facilities, set in acres of grounds, located in a leafy suburb of Southend-on-Sea.
This is an exciting time to join our school. Southchurch High School is a rapidly improving and oversubscribed secondary Academy.
Training will be provided and you will be expected to participate in ongoing professional development.
This is a public facing role and the successful candidate must speak fluent English.
The School reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date, early applications are encouraged.
Please note that the School can only consider completed Applications returned directly to the email address below and not CVs alone.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Thursday, 16 December, 2021 (late applications may not be considered)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Friday, 17 December, 2021.
Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that timeframe.
Please visit www.southchurchschool.com for an Applicant Information Pack and to download an Application Form. Alternatively contact the School by telephone on 01702 900777 or e-mail email@example.com with your contact details. Completed Application Forms should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southchurch High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment health check questionnaire, satisfactory references and probationary period.
Southchurch High School is an amazing place to learn and work and our philosophy of ‘Working Together to Achieve Success’ sits at the centre of everything we do. Our belief is that people achieve the best outcomes when they enjoy what th...