Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join our successful SEND supply teaching team and to work in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) schools and education provisions in Downham Market and the surrounding Cambridgeshire/Norfolk area. This position would begin on a supply basis, covering short-term and long-term placements in schools from September 2018.
The desired Cover Supervisor will be covering a variety of subjects up to GCSE Level, including Maths, English, Science, Art, ICT and PE. The subjects you’re covering can vary on a day to day basis. You will be supported by some outstanding and dedicated senior leadership teams, and be working alongside some excellent Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners. Successful candidates must have experience of teaching students, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and behavioural difficulties, and be comfortable in managing behaviour using effective strategies and techniques.
As a Supply Instructor Tutor, you’re role will involve working initially in different education provisions and schools in Downham Market and the surrounding Norfolk/Cambridgeshire areas. However, it is likely that if you are the right person for a particular school, you will be based in that school on a long-term basis.
To be considered for the position as Cover Supervisor, you must:
· Have a minimum of a degree level qualification
· Have experience teaching children and young people, including pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including; Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties and Autism (ASD/ASC)
· Have experience of teaching, tutoring and/or previous Cover Supervisor experience
· Be flexible, adaptable and able to travel in Downham Market and the surrounding Norfolk/Cambridgeshire areas
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to deliver inspiring lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Cover Supervisor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Cover Supervisor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this role as Cover Supervisor and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk