Job Title: Cover Supervisor
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: Scale 5, £20,661 - £22,658 (pro rata to hours and weeks worked)
Contract: 30 hours per week Term Time Only, Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2019
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working and flexible cover supervisor to lead the provision of cover in lessons across the School. The position would suit a candidate with relevant experience or a graduate considering a career in teaching.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
You will supervise classes across Key Stage 3 and 4, during the short-term absence of the assigned teacher, taking the register and delivering set work, ensuring pupil understanding of the tasks which have been set. You will also need to manage student’s behaviour in line with the schools behaviour policy, ensuring that students are on task and manage any immediate problems according to school procedures.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Previous experience of working with young people in a teaching and learning environment
- Experience of managing behavior and leading groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate at all levels
- Good IT skills
- The ability to act on your own initiative.
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
- A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
- Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
- An inclusive learning ethos
- An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Monday 4th June 2018
Interview date: w/c Monday 11th June 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.