Surbiton High School seeks a Cover Supervisor to support the learning of pupils across all year groups, by providing cover when a teacher is absent. This role is the perfect stepping stone for someone who is considering teaching and wants experience in a supportive and friendly school.
Tenure: Permanent, Part-time, 36 weeks of the year
- Carrying out cover supervisor duties for all year groups, including:
- Supervising pupils who are working independently or in groups
- Supervising pupils who are taking tests or examinations
- Taking accurate registers promptly at the commencement of each lesson
- Communicating, distributing and supervising work that has been set by the teacher
- Managing the behavior of pupils whilst they work in order to ensure a constructive environment
- Responding to queries and issues arising throughout each lesson
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the relevant teacher
- Reporting back to the teacher as appropriate on completion of work/outstanding issues
- Assessing best and worst practice experienced and liaising with SLT with the findings
- Accompanying trips and visits as an additional responsible adult if required
- Providing additional general support to the School when not required for cover supervision tasks
- Carrying out any such duties as may be reasonably requested
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Experience of working in a classroom environment would be an advantage
- The ability to establish good relationships with students while maintaining order and discipline in an atmosphere conducive to learning
- Good administrative skills
- High levels of organisational and self-management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative, as well as the ability to work co-operatively within a team
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Proven ability to develop effective professional relationships with colleagues
- Highly effective communication skills in English, both written and spoken, to enable effective rapport with colleagues and pupils
- Professional levels of personal presentation and integrity
- Working knowledge of common ICT packages (Word and Outlook in particular)
Please apply online by clicking on the following link:
Closing date for application: 12.00pm, Wednesday 29 September 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: 4 October 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Surbiton High School is culturally diverse and fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Where support is better shared United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Surbiton High Senior School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth of...