COVER SUPERVISOR, Required for September 2018
Are you a graduate looking for full time employment? Would you like a job that is interesting, engaging and challenging? Would you enjoy working with teenagers and having a positive impact on their progress and achievement? Then St. Peter's is the place for you.
We are looking for good graduates to join our team of cover supervisors from September 2018.
Specific job descriptions will be tailored to meet the skills and strengths of individuals but duties could include: covering lessons for absent colleagues; supervising homework club; offering in-class support to pupils; working with small groups or individuals; displaying pupils' work and supporting the Lead Cover Supervisor with administrative tasks.
This full-time, term-time only post, offered on a fixed-term basis, would be ideal for graduates who are interested in a career in teaching and would like to gain some experience of working in a school prior to applying for a teacher training course.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations and a positive outlook
• Be both creative and independent
• Be able to engage and enthuse pupils in learning
• Enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team
• Have a flexible and adaptable manner
• Support the ethos of St. Peter’s School
What we can offer:
• To work with a vibrant, confident staff and pupils
• To work in a school with high expectations and high standards of achievement and behaviour
• To work with supportive families
• Outstanding professional development
• A positive, warm and supportive working environment where everyone feels valued
St. Peter’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, contractors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks as appropriate.
Please note CV’s are not accepted. Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Sharon Simmons, Lead Cover Supervisor, in order to arrange a time: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th June, 9am