Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in September 2016.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Cover Supervisor to support cover provision at this academy. Duties will include:
- Supervision of students on work that has been set by absent staff
- Responding to questions from children
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies
- Collecting completed work and returning it to the appropriate teachers
- Complying with the academy’s policies on reporting attendance and issues arising during lessons
- Applying culture for learning procedures at all times
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working successfully with children
- A calm and steady person who is able to take charge of a classroom
- Someone who can engage positively with children, with strong interpersonal skills
- A well-organised person with good literacy and numeracy skills
- Commitment to contributing to the overall ethos and aims of the academy
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- A new building providing an outstanding place to work and learn
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Click here to watch the Harris Primary Academy Mayflower video.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
This is an ongoing recruitment process, but we will review applications as and when they are received. For more information, please contact the school on 020 3772 4588.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.