We require a Cover Supervisor with strong literacy and numeracy skills and a professional approach to provide support to our teachers and students in the classroom, covering a variety of learning activities.
You will also provide support to the wider school and as an integral member of the Learning & Teaching team you will be part of the planning and development meetings each week.
Day to day tasks, amongst others, will include:
• Establishing good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
• Being a member of a Teaching and Learning team that plans and delivers a key part of the curriculum for the students;
• Assisting in the preparation of learning materials and the learning environment, including the display of students' work;
• Supervising and supporting students, ensuring their safety and access to learning;
• Supporting the school’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures.
What we offer as a school:
• Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
• An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary
• Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
• Weekly in-school CPD
• External CPD programmes
• Opportunities for promotion and development
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that ‘disadvantaged’ does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Walthamstow Primary Academy.
You are very welcome to visit us, even if you do not end up applying for the post.
Walthamstow Primary Academy School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all positions in the school will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please note that all applications must be made online