KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of North Kensington, West London. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We are currently in our fourth year of operation and have 920 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 with us. By September 2018 we will be a full school with all seven year groups.
KAA is a school which has the very highest standards – both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In our first year the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum. In 2017, Ofsted have judged us to be “outstanding” in all areas and described standards as “exceptional”. Our Sixth Form is also outstanding and is operated jointly with our independent school partners Charterhouse and Godolphin & Latymer. Candidates can read of our recent Ofsted and exam successes on our website, kaa.org.uk, along with other evidence of the exceptional standards in our school.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed Cover Supervisor to join our outstanding academy.
- To provide classroom management of students in the absence of a teaching member of staff.
- To oversee and ensure the smooth running of extended school activities and any projects.
- To liaise with appropriate Heads of Department on work to be set for classes and on any behavioural matters.
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teachers’ lesson plans.
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Deal with any immediat problems according to the school’s policies and procedures
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- Report, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of pupils during the class and on any problems arising.
- Registering attendance in accordance with school policy.
- To undertake administrative duties relevant to the role.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Monday 18th June 2018
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.