Fixed Term Contract until July 2022
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative, tenacious Cover Supervisor to join our highly successful team of mutually supportive colleagues, whose shared purpose is to inspire and challenge all pupils at Royal Wootton Bassett Academy. This role would be ideal for a highly organised, flexible and resilient person who can adapt quickly, who can challenge and support all learners of all ages in a range of skills.
Why choose us?
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust, based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,781 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing 'A growth mind-set' and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mind-set.
What we offer?
The chance to work in an outstanding school, in December 2010 the school was awarded "Outstanding" in every area.
- A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
- Ensuring that the required resources are needed in order, to effectively deliver the covered lessons, are available.
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment.
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures.
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
The right candidate will be:
- Highly adaptable, as there is no regular timetable.
- Be confident, organised and at times diplomatic.
- Patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour.
- A commitment to the happiness, well being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
To find out more download our application pack.
Please note only completed application forms will be accepted, and the closing date for this vacancy is Midnight, Wednesday 15 December 2021
Interview Dates: w/c 20 December 2021
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process.
If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
The ethos of the School is based on mutual respect, support and encouragement to bring out the best in people. We recognise that the quality of learning, teaching and behaviour are inseparable issues and that the vast majority of our pupils act in a ...