Are you a HLTA looking for a new challenge or taking the next step as a cover supervisor?
Are you someone that dreams of working in school’s but didn’t think you had the right qualifications?
Cover supervisors were introduced as a way of maintaining teachers’ absence. They have now become a permanent role in the majority of secondary schools across Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. Cover supervisors are responsible for covering an absent teacher for reasons that include sickness and time off for courses.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but it is also very demanding. The cover supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
· Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
· Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
· Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
· Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
· Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
· Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
· Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
· Reporting back as appropriate, using the school’s standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
You will need to be;
· Highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
· Confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
· Patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
Please call me on 01733 371371 or feel free to email me email@example.com