Do you have a degree and ever thought about getting into teaching but not sure how?
Do you have the ambition to grow and develop and looking for a school that actively supports this?
Would you like to work in a £30 million state of the art Academy alongside supportive colleagues?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a confident and dynamic Cover Teacher to join our successful team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with children and will undertake teaching of cross-curricular subjects for short and long term absent teachers and perform lesson planning, preparing and assessing where possible.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our staff feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
- ‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’
… If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a degree in any subject or hold an equivalent qualification
- Be self-confident and have a good standard of English language
- Be able to plan, prepare and assess pupils’ work
- Have some experience of working in an educational setting
- Start Date: 16th April 2018 / Summer Term 2018
- Salary: L5 - £19,005 to £20,920
- Hours: Term time only, 8:15am to 4:30pm
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
- A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal and SLT have successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good; leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.
Closing Date: Friday 16th March at 12pm Interviews: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please refer to our Job Description in your cover letter and application as this forms the basis of our interview shortlisting.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on
01582 211 226 or email email@example.com
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.