As part of the school’s drive for improved standards in the classroom and increased consistency, we would like to move to a system of permanent cover supervisors. This will allow greater teamwork and collaboration and help with a more consistent approach to how we set cover work and how it is then implemented in the absence of the teacher. The cover team will be directly line managed by a member of the senior team.
Applicants will be highly motivated and have a passion to ensure that our learners achieve the very best that they can at all times. The core purpose of the role will be to uphold the core standards of pride, respect and achievement in the absence of the timetabled class teacher. Specifically, the successful candidates will:
- establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, and setting high expectations
- promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- within an agreed system of supervision, plan challenging teaching and learning objectives to evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans, as appropriate
- record progress and achievement in lessons/activities systematically and providing evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
- work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self control and independence
- administer and assess/mark tests and invigilate exams/tests
- produce lesson plans, worksheets, plans etc
- deliver out of school learning activities within guidelines established by the school
To apply for this post please complete an application form and submit an accompanying letter (no more than two sides of A4). Your letter should outline how your skills, experience and core values make you a suitable candidate for the post. Completed applications should be returned to Mrs T Preston, Main Reception, Burnside Business and Enterprise College, St. Peter’s Road, Wallsend, NE28 7LQ (or electronically to email@example.com)
All post information can be downloaded either from this advert or from
Burnside is committed to safeguarding and all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance.
Telephone: 0191 2598500