An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Creative Arts Faculty for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join our team at this innovative and growing school.
Responsible to the Head of Faculty (Creative Arts), the successful candidate should be willing to work across the Creative Arts Faculty (Art, Drama, Music and Film) in a variety of support, technical and administrative duties across our Portland Place and Cleveland Street sites. We are looking for someone who will be responsible and meticulous and also bring a creative and proactive approach to the role. You will be asked to support teaching staff and students in practical lessons and we want you to feel joy in working closely and creatively with young people. At times, the role will require some flexibility of working hours.
As this role develops, there may also be opportunities to extend your training and expertise into the areas of sound and lighting production.
He or she will:
• join a highly experienced and supportive team
• be responsible to the Head of Faculty
• work in collaboration with colleagues and attend training and planning sessions as required
• foster good links with teachers, students and parents
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• be responsible for the art inventory, ordering/purchasing and organisation of materials
• be responsible for the coordination and/or creation of music timetables and rehearsal schedules
• be responsible for the creation and/or production of arts event programmes
• participate in relevant faculty events, including exhibitions, rehearsals and performances
• meet all work deadlines
• demonstrate flexibility and initiative in support of the arts programme
• be internationally-minded and sympathetic to the values of the IB
With a liberal ethos, an emphasis on academic rigour and a commitment to the values of the IB, Southbank offers the opportunity to further extend your teaching and learning skills in a friendly, supportive but hard-working team. We offer excellent professional development opportunities linked to our well-developed appraisal programme that provides all teachers with regular feedback. We want all our teachers to develop professionally and to help develop the school. We are particularly interested in candidates able to demonstrate outstanding teaching and learning practice informed by educational research.
The School is unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for this role. Please ensure that you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK.
To apply for this role please complete the application form and return to email@example.com Please note we do not accept CVs for this role. Further details regarding the role can be found in the candidate brief.
When returning your completed application form please ensure that your application form is saved as Surname, First Name – Job Role.
Closing date for applications 11 December 2019
Southbank International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived or worked overseas for three months or more in the past ten years or completed their teacher training outside of the UK.