Portland Place School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children. All staff are trained in child protection. We ensure all candidates are properly police checked on appointment.
Join Portland Place an independent Secondary School – A Haven of Creativity
The school will only accept fully completed application forms with CVs and personal statements attached
Portland Place School is a leading independent co-educational day school for children aged 10 - 16, located in the heart of the City of Westminster. It was founded with a particular purpose in mind: to be an alternative to the intense, large, examination focused independent day schools of which there are many in London.
Part of the Alpha Plus family of schools, Portland Place offers rigorous and tailored career professional development to meet the needs of staff progression, a diverse and experienced group of teachers who share their pedagogical practice and first class teaching & learning and pastoral care for students. Our aim is to provide a real-life education where children are adaptable, empathic and are prepared for the 21st Century job market.
The Creative Arts Faculty sits at the heart of Portland Place School’s celebratory events and engagements. We play a key part in students’ day to day life, as well as a highly significant role in extra-curricular activities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a fantastic faculty and take a really substantial role in the development of the Creative Arts. The departments within the faculty consist of highly skilled and dedicated teams who are passionate about their subjects.
The school is looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled Creative Arts Technician. The post is permanent full-time, term time only starting from March 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. The salary is £20,000.00 per annum.
The successful applicant will be able to engage, motivate and drive enthusiasm amongst our students across a range of skills and subject specialisms, and where appropriate prepare materials for, and play a key role within lessons.
The applicant will be able to contribute, along with the rest of the faculty staff, to further promote and develop the Creative Arts across the school.
For further information about the role, please contact Lara Pereira, Headmaster’s PA, on 020 7307 8700.
Join Alpha Plus Group – the gold standard in education
At Alpha Plus schools and colleges we offer rewarding careers. Our teachers and staff are passionate about education and have a desire for personal development.
Alpha Plus is a values-led organisation that prides itself on its high expectations of all involved in the education process.
Job Title: Creative Arts Technician
Reports to: Head of Creative Arts
Location: Portland Place School – Harford House and Portland Place
Aim of the post
• To provide technical support for the teaching and learning, and extra-curricular provision of the Creative Arts Faculty, which comprises Art, Design, Drama and Music.
This post is to be a full-time, term time position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS ACROSS THE FACULTY
Supporting Teaching & Learning
• To communicate effectively with staff in order to prepare workshops rooms or studios for all lessons.
• To order and prepare materials and equipment for use in Art & Design and where appropriate Music & Drama classes, as well as cleaning and clearing away materials and resources after lessons as required.
• To give technical support to staff and students as required, including supporting the recording examples of student work (audio and visual).
• To be responsible for the maintenance of Faculty equipment. To include:
o Making weekly checks to ensure all tools, machines and equipment are in a safe and sound working condition.
o Keeping an accurate inventory of all equipment, making sure they are labelled and stored correctly.
o Repairing/arranging for repairing and servicing of all equipment.
• Cutting and preparing resources for all areas of the department.
• Labelling students work, displays and resources using IT or as required.
• Storing photographs of students work on the school network as required.
• Submitting and preparing data on departmental IT files.
• Musical Instruments
• Lights/soundboard as required.
• A willingness to understand and learn how Music programs work and to maintain these templates where appropriate.
• To help create demonstration models and display boards across the Faculty, including mount cutting and putting the images into appropriate displays and frames. Ensuring the school standards of presentation are consistently followed and displays are updated and always positively presented.
• Working closely with the relevant departments in the preparation and taking down of the School’s Annual Art Exhibition Stock and equipment.
• Ability to create and help with all admin for shows including:
o Liaising with relevant departments in the creation of props.
o Create and format programs and any additional help needed.
• Monitor stock levels and order as required, within the departmental budgets, liaising with the suppliers and Heads of Departments, to process orders to the Finance Manager.
Health & Safety
• To be responsible for the safe organisation, tidiness and storage of all department equipment, tools and machinery.
• A working knowledge to prepare and maintain musical and theatrical equipment within the departments, including, departmental instruments and electrical equipment such as amplifiers, speakers, lights, sound boards etc.
• To comply with all department’s health and safety policies at all times and ensuring issues are raised or reported as required to appropriate line manager.
For skills and experience required and a complete job description please check out the APG website.
APG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation. All staff are required to undertake vetting & compliance via the DBS service.
Portland Place School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 10 - 16 years
About Portland Place School
Portland Place is a mixed, selective, non-denominational all-through school with sixth form situated in central London. It is an independent school with a total of 251 pupils.
Portland Place was founded in 1996 at its pres...