Are you passionate about curriculum design? Are you seeking a role where innovation is encouraged and celebrated? Would you like to work with a group of academic professionals to create curriculum that will be used in pre-university programs worldwide? Great opportunity to develop mathematics programs to directly support the needs of Monash University and support and train teachers globally through implementation of newly designed units!
Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers.
Monash College in Australia is owned by Monash University, Australia's largest international university. Playing a key role in the delivery of the University's global engagement, we provide a range of services that align with the high-quality standards of the University.
Product Development and Innovation team at Monash College (PDI) are responsible for development of curriculum and learning resources, assessment design and educational innovation. PDI undertakes teaching and learning projects to support the development of college programs globally.
About the role
We are currently seeking a subject matter expert in Mathematics for our growing curriculum development team here at Monash College. As one of our Curriculum and Learning Specialists, you will have substantial experience teaching students at a senior secondary or tertiary level. Working closely with our existing collaborative team, you will develop and create course content, teaching and learning activities, assessments and supporting materials in various mediums including digital and online. This role is predominately based at our Collins street campus, however you will be expected to travel and may at times need to work at our Clayton campus.
We would like to hear from you, if you have highly developed verbal and written communication skills, the ability to build and maintain relationships and experience supporting the learning of young people, particularly those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Skills and experience required:
- Must have postgraduate tertiary qualifications in education and experience of teaching Maths at senior secondary or tertiary level.
- A practitioner’s understanding of the learning and social needs of international students.
- Knowledge and experience of the senior secondary/pathway programs in Australia.
- Assessment development and/or course writing experience.
- Experience with learning management systems and educational technologies.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Project management experience will be well regarded.
- The ability to embrace and manage change.
- Salary: $112,022 to $128,829 plus 9.5% superannuation, dependent upon skills and experience.
- Location: Collins Street, with frequent travel required to our Clayton campus.
- Enquiries: For any further questions, you may contact Bella Kaur for a confidential discussion – Talent Acquisition Specialist, Bella.Kaur@monashcollege.edu.au.
Click apply below to submit your application. You must include a cover letter, outlining your relevant skills and experience, and an up to date CV outlining previous employment history and dates.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to participate in an online video interview based on the key selection criteria.
Applications close: 19th May at 11.59PM.