Digital Schoolhouse powered by PlayStation is a not for profit programme that is delivered by video games trade body UK Interactive Entertainment (Ukie). The Digital Schoolhouse programme uses play-based learning to inspire and engage students and teachers with creative computing. Widely recognised as a pioneering and innovative school based model to support teacher development, this ground breaking programme continues to bridge the gap between industry and education and lead the way in computing education.
The programme receives support and recognition from industry giants such as PlayStation, SEGA and Ubisoft alongside local government support from Warwickshire County Council. Currently operating out of 34 Schoolhouses across England and Northern Ireland to support 18,000 students a year, the programme has received funding and support from The Department for Culture, Media and Sport to help us rapidly accelerate the growth of the programme to 50 schools across the country by September 2019.
It is as part of this acceleration of the programme that we are now looking to recruit a Curriculum Content Developer. The successful candidate will work closely with our industry partners to utilise their innovation and expertise to design and develop fun-filled, creative and off-beat curriculum resources for Key Stage 2, 3 and 4 students.
This is an ideal role for an experienced teacher who wishes to utilise their creative educational expertise whilst learning more about industry practices. The part time and flexible nature of the role will enable the successful candidate to continue their teaching practice while stepping into the creative industries. The hybrid nature of this position is a pioneering approach that will help shape future teaching and learning, and teacher training and retention strategies.
As Curriculum Content Developer, you will be given full responsibility for staying up-to-date with the latest educational research and relevant policy developments to help inform and guide our strategy for educational content and resource development.
This role is ideal for the creative teacher who wants to step foot into industry and gain invaluable insights and expertise that can be used to inform their classroom practice.
- Work with industry partners to develop a range of curriculum content suitable for Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 students. For example, in areas such as Mixed Reality and Artificial Intelligence.
- Work with the members of the Digital Schoolhouse team to support and manage the development of careers education resources.
- Undertake educational research when and where relevant to support continued innovation in the classroom.
We’re Looking for an Inspirational Person Who:
- Has at least three years’ experience teaching computing in a secondary school or FE college.
- Has experience in delivering teacher professional development sessions.
- Is a creative thinker.
- Is interested in education and the video games industry.
- Is proactive.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has top-notch organisational skills.
- This is a part-time role and we are looking for someone to work approximately three days a week. However, we can be flexible.
- The successful candidate will be based at home but will be required to travel to London offices at least once a month and for meetings and events as required.
- Fixed term one-year contract
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Salary: £45,000 – 52,000 pro rata
Download full Job Description here
Application Closing date: 9am, Friday 18 January 2019