Middleton offers the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) in the primary levels, International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in the secondary level, IGCSE and A levels for grades 9 -12.
The coordinator will work closely with the School Principal to continuously improve the quality of the curriculum at Middleton International School and work with the planning, delivery, assessment and reporting areas particularly for the Middle and High school.
The coordinator will also support the School Principal and Vice Principal on managing and supervising the Inclusive Education and Well-being programme, daily operations and staffing support, and will assume overall responsibility for daily operations and staff in their absence.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring that teaching and learning is aligned with the written curriculum in accordance with the Academic and Examination board of the school
• Working closely with the Senor Leadership team in supporting learning and teaching.
• Developing a coherent IMYC route plan that scaffolds well from the IPC route plan.
• Reviewing proposed changes to the curriculum and providing updates on a yearly basis
• Work with the Cambridge Exam Officer to ensure that the school and students have a seamless experience.
• Ensuring that the school complies with all the applicable regulations in terms of syllabus update for Cambridge.
• Overseeing the delivery and implementation of the curriculum in accordance with the updated syllabus for relevant grade levels
• Ensuring that appropriate student records are maintained
• Ensuring that appropriate textbooks, resources and facilities are available
• Organizing internal, external assessment and reporting.
• Data analysis of the school wide results to inform strategic planning
• Organizing the formal procedures in preparation for moderation, certification and re-evaluation
• Establishing and reviewing the school’s curriculum in accordance with the curriculum policies
• Supporting the School principal in the implementation, review and update of the Academic planning based on the Strategic plan.
• Coordinating program changes to address student needs: modify programs, change of course placement, development of additional/alternative courses in liaison with School Principal
• Participating in weekly management meetings
• Providing student, teacher and parent support: pre-course orientation to IGCSE and A level programs, problem solving, conflict resolution, and pastoral and personal support
• Work closely with the Senior Management team to ensure smooth operations of the school.
• Help in student recruitment for the school
• Help in creation and vetting of curriculum material
• Keep updated with and use current trends in education to nurture a culture of innovation.
• Ensuring that students have an access to a holistic curriculum that promotes learning and agency
• Ensuring all relevant curriculum material and information are disseminated to students.
• Supporting students in their subject selection, review and monitoring for IGCSE and A levels.
• Informing staff and monitoring of assessment and reporting procedures and deadlines.
• Ensuring students are adequately supervised at all times.
• Manage and supervise the Inclusive Education and Wellbeing department to ensure that students are adequately supported in their learning.
• Providing information on the Middle year and high school Curriculum – organizing annual presentations to parents.
• Ensuring parents understand the assessment and reporting criteria.
• Coordinating Parent/Teacher conferences so that teachers inform parents of student progress.
• Meet with parents in case of academic or pastoral concerns
• Coordinating and facilitating weekly Collaborative Planning meetings with all teachers
• Ensuring teachers are familiar with the IMYC, Cambridge website
• Supporting teachers in planning, delivery, assessment and reporting
• Coordinating workshops and professional development in liaison with the School Principal
• Organizing regular staff meetings for discussion and planning
• Coordinating a comprehensive Induction program for new staff at the beginning of the year and throughout
• Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of Staff