Curriculum Lead for Modern Foreign Languages (French and Spanish)
Permanent, Full time
To commence from September 2018
Salary: BOA Main Scale and Upper Pay Scale
(A recruitment and retention allowance, and/or relocation allowance is available for outstanding candidates)
Birmingham Ormiston Academy (BOA) is one of the most successful state-funded, 14-19 academies in the country. We specialise in creative, digital and performing arts. Student results speak for themselves and are well above national average. Our intake is 100% selective, based on aptitude within the specialism rather than academic ability. As a result, we are unique in our admissions. Whilst students have talent in their chosen arts subjects, there is a full range of academic ability. Located in the centre of Birmingham and within the hub of the digital and creative industries in the West Midlands, we benefit from superb facilities for academic, vocational and extra-curricular activities.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, ambitious teacher to teach and coordinate French and Spanish at GCSE, which sits within the Humanities Faculty. Due to the opening of our second school, BOA Digital in 2020 there is the opportunity to be instrumental in designing and leading MFL across key stages 3-5 in the future.
There is also the opportunity for a pastoral responsibility as a Head of House for suitably qualified candidate, attracting an additional responsibility allowance of £4000
The academy is looking for someone who has:
· Qualified teacher status and a degree
· Experience of teaching across the age and ability ranges
· A strong track record of effective practice in MFL teaching
· A passion for education which is evident in their day to day practice
· The ability to effectively lead a team
· Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
· The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
· An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
· The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
· Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
· An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world-class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 1st May
Interview date: Wednesday 9th May
You can also visit www.boa-academy.co.uk
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Name: Lucie Welch (Executive Assistant)
Contact: Tel: 0121 359 9300