Curriculum Leader Animal & Equine (Permanent)
With a potential opportunity to temporarily cover additional Head of Department duties
Reference Number: SCC171883
Salary: Starting salary £37,638—£40,281 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Monday 23rd April 2018
Interview Date: w/c 30th April 2018
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
As a Curriculum Leader you will be an inspirational and outstanding teacher who promotes the highest levels of achievement for all students. Using your enthusiasm and expertise you will work closely with your team; leading, developing and monitoring the curriculum so as to maximise the achievement of all students. The prospective candidate should have a proven track record of teaching across a variety of levels and it is essential that applicants have a genuine interest in this subject area. Experience of teaching 16 -18 students is desirable.
As part of this role you will work on Salford College terms and conditions and be required to teach. There may also be a potential opportunity to temporarily cover additional Head of Department duties with appropriate pay.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.