Curriculum Leader - Engineering
Salary: Up to £38,193 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson & Colne College Group is made up of a family of colleges – Nelson and Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning and Accrington and Rossendale College. Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider.
Nelson & Colne College Group are looking for a Curriculum Leader in Engineering to join their enthusiastic team on a full-time permanent basis working 35 hours per week. This post will be based at our Accrington and Rossendale College site.
The successful candidate will teach on a range of programmes within the College’s Engineering and Apprenticeship provision, to include tracking, internal verification/ standards moderation and data collection. Working in a varied and interesting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating all programmes in Engineering, ensuring that the quality of our provision remains Outstanding. Managing their own caseload, it is vital that the successful candidate demonstrates a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new standards.
Main duties include:
• Lead the team responsible for the delivery of Engineering Apprenticeships.
• Lead by example in teaching consistently good and better lessons to ensure excellence in subject pedagogy and the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
• Take responsibility for the learner experience, for example, retention; attendance; achievement; destinations; added value; learner satisfaction.
• Take responsibility for the development of high-quality learning resources that can be shared within the team and where appropriate across the college.
• Use College systems effectively to track and communicate student progress in a timely manner.
• Be responsible and participate in standardisation, verification and moderation as required.
• Working with the Head of Division ensure continuous professional development activities are appropriately planned, support the development of the team’s subject pedagogy to reflect the curriculum development aims for the division.
• Support the development and maintenance of positive relationships with external organisations to enable the generation of new work and identification of opportunities for development.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification
• Compliance with CPD requirements
• A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website https://careers.nelson.ac.uk and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...