- We are looking for a 0.8 FTE Curriculum Lead English to join our team at Oasis Academy Shirley Park.
Why you’ll want to join us:
• We are an Outstanding Academy in all areas (OFSTED 2013)
• You will be part of a strong team of established, effective practitioners, who have a track record of achieving outstanding examination results and who have designed a rigorous, academic, knowledge rich curriculum . You’ll be part of the leadership in this team, supporting them to deliver an inspired educational offering to our students.
• We have the highest progress score for KS5/sixth form in Croydon.
• You’ll work in a supportive environment, developing teachers at all stages of their career unqualified, newly qualified and experienced.
• There may be internal opportunities to become learning zone leader.
• You’ll receive genuine support and CPD to develop you and open up career opportunities in the Oasis Community and beyond.
• Assistance with travel costs.
• You’ll be part of a team that believes every child should go to a great school as we work tirelessly to provide the children with an outstanding education.
• You understand education is not solely about excellent examination results but includes much more than that.
• Supportive management who are committed to improving teachers work-life balance.
• You’ll have access to a free confidential counselling service for the times in your life when you need a little extra support.
• You can access free eye tests if designated as a VDU user.
Community is key, Oasis Academy Shirley Park is part of the Oasis Community, we strongly believe in investing in local communities to bring about positive change. As part of the Ashburton Hub alongside Oasis Academy Ryelands and Oasis Arena we strive to communicate well, share ideas and support our local community, as best we can.
Where we are:
We are situated in Shirley a leafy suburb of Croydon bordering Addiscombe We are easily accessed, being within 12 minutes of East Croydon train station by Tram to Woodside tram stop and with ample on site and residential parking.
What we are looking for:
• You are an experienced leader with experience of to support students and staff alike to reach their potential.
• You are as committed to assisting others to learn as the day you decided to become a teacher.
• You will have experience of working with a diverse group of students and employees
• You will share our commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. Visit our website for more information. Search 'OCL Careers', where you'll find opportunities across Croydon.
About Oasis Community Learning:
Our vision is for community – a place where everyone is included making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential.
This informs our ethos and our nine habits which shape behaviour throughout our academy. You don’t have to be a Christian to join our team, our ethos we are fully inclusive and welcome applications from all sections of the community to deliver our vision of community.
To apply for this role visit our recruitment site where you can also download the application pack and email it to us.
If you would like to discuss this role before submitting your application please contact us on: 020 8656 0222
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, we shortlist and interview as suitable applicants are found. This job advert may be closed early should we find our ideal candidate.
Closing Date: 21 February 2019
Oasis Community Learning is and equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We have management practices in place which maintain the safety of those we serve. You are expected to share this commitment, openly take part in the management practices and undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
We kindly request recruitment or media agencies do not contact us regarding this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.