Curriculum Leader: English
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR1
Required: Easter 2022
DO YOU SHARE OUR PASSION TO INSPIRE EVERY YOUNG PERSON TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL?
The Whitehaven Academy is part of Cumbria Education Trust. CET is a growing multi academy trust based in Cumbria; and is committed to creating outstanding, innovative and inspiring learning environments for our schools and their communities. The successful candidate will be joining CET at an exciting time, as we continue to build on our successes and move forward on our journey to establish ourselves as one of the highest performing MATs in the North of England.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join The Whitehaven Academy at a pivotal time for its future. The DfE has provided significant financial investment to redevelop the school. Work started in Autumn 2020 with opening scheduled for the Spring Term 2022. We are looking for an outstanding leader to secure improvement in achievement and attainment for all students.
The successful candidate will:
• Be qualified to degree level in English
• Possess a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed, Bed)
• Be an excellent communicator committed to leading an effective team within the whole school community
• Ensure high standards of teaching across the curriculum and have a commitment to challenging learners to achieve well
• Be a passionate, caring and inspirational leader and teacher
• Be self-motivated and reliable
• Be enthusiastic about current research on thinking skills and building learning power.
If you have the qualities required, along with the passion and aspirations to contribute to the success of the Academy and the MAT, then we would welcome an application from you.
Please Note: Cumbria Education Trust does not accept CVs. If you wish to apply for this post please complete an application form which can be found along with the job description on the school’s website https://www.whitehavenacademy.org.uk/
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to ensure that you give contact telephone numbers (daytime and evening) and contact numbers and email addresses for your referees.
Closing Date: 12pm Friday 14th January 2022
Interviews will be held the week commencing 17th January 2022
Cumbria Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List checks are required for this post.