THE ENVY OF ALL SCHOOLS IN AFRICA‘
SURPASSING ALL EXISTING STANDARDS GLOBALLY’
Day Waterman College (DWC) is a purpose-built, co-educational boarding school designed to accommodate 500 students aged 11 to 16. It occupies a magnificent 35-acre site, located in the peaceful area of Abeokuta, Ogun State, one hour’s drive from south Lagos.
Founded by local philanthropist, the late Tayo Aderinokun, it opened in 2009 with the aim of providing a world class education to rival the leading UK independent boarding schools, to which many Nigerians have traditionally sent their children. Students follow the English National Curriculum at KS3 and KS4. Post 16 provision is being planned.
The Board of Governors is looking to appoint:
A Curriculum Leader for Humanities
For August 2018
You will be an inspirational teacher who is ready to lead and motivate both students and staff. The Humanities Department encompasses the following subjects: Business Studies, Economics, Geography, History, Religious Education and Sociology. At Key Stage 4 all students study Religious Education while opting to study at least one other Humanities subject. You will have recent successful experience of teaching GCSE or IGCSE in a Humanities subject. The expatriate Curriculum Leader will be an effective and creative teacher, willing to share best practice. You will be expected to lead a team; work to surpass or maintain our Year 11 IGCSE excellent results; and inspire our very able students.
Whilst Day Waterman College provides an education programme based on the English National Curriculum, located within Ogun State, it follows the directives issued from the Ogun Ministry of Education.
The candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status or a related teaching certificate in your specified field
- Degree status minimum, from an accredited British University or a combination of related degree.
- Teaching which must include at least four years’ experience working in a British Curriculum Key Stages 3, 4 & 5 school
- Leadership experience for at least 3 years
The Board of Governors is offering a very competitive salary for an experienced and well-qualified subject leader, to include:
- An overseas allowance – approximately 50% to be paid monthly in arrears or as may be requested by Candidate
- Part salary paid in local currency – approximately 50% or as may be requested by Candidate
- End of contract bonus
- Furnished accommodation
- Paid utilities including internet and DSTV
- Full medical insurance for the whole family
- An annual return economy class ticket
- Re-location expenses and shipping of personal effects
- Reimbursement of payment for visa entry into Nigeria
Applications should be accompanied by a CV, with a recent photograph if possible and names, (including telephone numbers) and email addresses of two referees. Email applications to email@example.com
Final date for applications- Monday, 21 May 2018 at Midday.
Day Waterman College is an equal opportunities employer.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.