Curriculum Leader for Mathematics
Required from September 2018
Addey and Stanhope is a small, high-achieving inner city school with a highly collegiate and aspirational mathematics department. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of mathematics, an outstanding individual who will lead by example and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets for students’ progress. We encourage applications from teachers who have a passion for teaching mathematics and believe that all students can be successful.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and dynamic leader with the necessary leadership qualities to further improve the strong progress of all students across Years 7 to 11.
Highly committed team of staff, dedicated to ensuring visible progress for all students and delivering exciting, engaging and relevant mathematics lessons. The department is very collegiate and aspirational, with a strong sense of shared purpose.
- Small, high achieving, truly comprehensive with a strong sense of family as well as academic purpose
- Innovative and exciting CPD programme focusing on compelling learning
- Located in a dynamic LA, in an area of South East London undergoing rapid and exciting changes, with great train, tube, DLR and bus links
The successful candidate will:
- strive to be an outstanding teacher
- be tirelessly enthusiastic and optimistic
- be a champion for progress – committed to ensuring great progress for all students
- be able to lead, enthuse and motivate staff and students
- be ambitious for themselves, their colleagues, and most importantly, all students
- be able to lead, and be part of, a team
- be able to make strategic decisions
- be an excellent organiser
- be able to use data to inform key decisions and actions
- manage a team on a day-to-day basis
- be able to work closely with the headship team
- be able to engage parents in supporting the progress of their children
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS checks.
Addey & Stanhope School follows Lewisham Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy
If you would like to discuss this role and/or visit our school, please call Fiona Kemp on 020 8305 6121
Monday 21st May, 9am
w/c 21st May 2018
No agencies please.