Required for April or September 2023
MPS/UPS plus TLR1 (£8,706)
We are looking for a Kind, Curious and Hardworking teacher of Science to join us at Northstowe Secondary College as department lead.
Northstowe Secondary College is a brand-new secondary school at the heart of the Northstowe Education Campus, that opened in 2019. Now with over 400 students in Years 7-10 and around 60 staff, in a modern, building with state-of-the-art facilities including science, catering and hospitality, the arts, sports and leisure, it is building a fantastic reputation in the local community. The Northstowe Learning Community currently includes a special educational needs school and will in time include a primary school and a sixth-form college.
It is an exciting time to join our team as we embark on the journey to provide world class education to the developing community. You will be part of an experienced team that is creating an inclusive, innovative and aspirational learning environment for the young people and families it serves.
This position would be equally suitable for those wishing to take a step up to middle management or someone with previous experience as a Head of Department.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a passionate and uncompromising commitment to pupil achievement
- Be a believer in the potential of young people, with a mind-set that all children can experience success
- Be a team player, with a ‘can do’ solution focused attitude
- Possess outstanding communication skills and personal integrity
- Be open to collaboration between all schools on the Northstowe Education Campus
Northstowe Secondary College offers a high quality job package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our trust and its teaching school status, along with promotion opportunities within the wider family of Meridian Trust schools.
We can offer you
- A post with the potential for future progression both within this role and the wider trust
- The support of the wider trust network of experts and access to informal and formal professional development
- A successful teaching school within the Meridian Trust and with a strong track record of staff development
- Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
- A brand new state of the art building, which will afford us an excellent working and learning environment
Northstowe Secondary College holds the three key values of Kindness, Curiosity and Hard work at the heart of all that it does. All staff are expected to demonstrate those values towards others and to explicitly teach these to the children. We are an inclusive family and expect our staff to be passionate about their subject and what it can give to children, adapt their teaching to meet the needs of the students, work proactively to promote good behaviour and to maintain these high standards in their classrooms and around the school. As a small group of staff in a brand-new school, we all have to go the extra mile however, we promote and support a good work life balance, we are a kind and supportive team, and we have a lot of fun. If you think you have what it takes, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your application via TES or mynewterm. For further information or to visit the school please contact Sarah Wakerley, HR Officer on email@example.com or telephone 01223 343800.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday, 28th November 2022. Interviews will take place on Friday, 2nd December 2022. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
NSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that the post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Northstowe Secondary College is a brand-new 11-19 secondary school at the heart of the Northstowe Education Campus, that opened to Year 7s in September 2019. It is an exciting time to join our team as we embark on the journey to provide wo...