Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting new opportunity to manage of a number of courses, ensuring that the standards and the quality of teaching and learning are constantly improved and that all members of staff work towards delivering excellence.
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, enthusiastic and experienced Lecturer in Hairdressing. To be successful you will have a strong track record with the ability to contribute to the high-quality delivery of our Hairdressing provision. You must be able to help us to stretch, challenge and raise the aspirations of our learners at all levels and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent standards of teaching and learning across the provision.
Your focus will be on three core areas:
- Develop a flexible and innovative curriculum for the courses within your responsibility that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS).
- Level 3 Qualification in hairdressing.
- Has a detailed knowledge and understanding of current industrial/commercial practice relevant to his/her curriculum area.
- A proven record of delivering teaching and learning to a consistently high standard.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Curriculum Leader in Hairdressing, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 10th June 2018 with interviews to be held on 18th June 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.