Ratton is at an exciting phase in its development. In December 2017, we formed a multi-academy trust (MAT), the South Downs Learning Trust, with one of our partner junior schools. The vision for the new MAT is to develop outstanding provision for all children.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and forward thinking school. We are looking for an imaginative and skilled teacher either with aspiration to leadership or who already has experience of leading a department. We are seeking to appoint someone who is committed to our vision and virtues and driven by the desire to improve the life chances of young people. The job description and person specification in this pack describe what the post entails and the type of person we are looking for.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the leadership of an innovative and successful MFL department. Outcomes in the department are consistently above national average for all three languages, with a significant proportion of students achieving the highest grades in German, French and Spanish. Ratton has maintained its International School status for seven years, recognising the extensive co-curricular work led by the MFL department. For the last two years Ratton has also led the East Sussex MFL hub, sharing their excellent practice with teachers across the county. Students in all years enjoy their MFL lessons and make excellent progress.
You will be joining an ambitious and highly supportive organisation which offers:
• An excellent induction programme for teachers joining the school;
• A strong commitment to professional development which will improve your leadership skills, develop your understanding of whole school issues and prepare you for the next stage in your career;
• Motivated and enthusiastic learners who respond very well to active and engaging teaching and work well independently;
• A strong team ethos across the department and whole school.
This is an exciting post with the potential for career development as part of an ambitious and innovative school. You will:
• be able to demonstrate/incorporate the school virtues in all aspects of your work;
• be part of the leadership of a significant area of the school and be able to influence whole school developments;
• be able to lead a team that has maintained excellent student outcomes;
• need to be an innovative teacher who is able to teach more than one language across KS3 and KS4.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Bamford, Learning Director English and MFL, at email@example.com or 01323 504011 ext 206.