The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and inspirational leader to join our experienced and highly supportive team of Maths staff as the Curriculum Leader of Maths in ensuring that every learner achieves their potential. The successful applicant will work closely with others in the team to share good practice and will demonstrate an ability to engage with and motivate learners in order to achieve the highest standards. This post will require the successful candidate to set the strategic direction and development of Maths ensuring that standards and the quality of learning and teaching are constantly developed.
The Job Purpose of the role is as follows
• To effectively lead and manage the Mathematics area of the Curriculum.
• To lead the curriculum area to achieve good or better standards of learning and teaching leading to good outcomes for all learners.
• To ensure that all learning and teaching is delivered effectively through the TEEP cycle by securing and sustaining effective learning for learners through leading the well-planned and effectively organise teaching within the responsibility area, including the professional development of staff.
• Lead the curriculum area with regards to self-evaluation, improvement planning and staff Performance management
• Lead, manage and support staff and learners within the responsibility area to sustain motivation and commitment to high standards of learning and care, building a professional learning community
• Advise the Headteacher of suitable developments for the effective teaching in or management of the responsibility area. Report to line manager in accordance with school procedures
• Plan and be accountable for the effective deployment of allocated resources to secure high quality learning experiences.
We can offer you
• A school on an improvement journey committed to ensuring the
best for all our learners and members of the school community.
• A school which is well resourced.
• A learning environment which is supportive.
• A department which is successful and keen to develop further.
• A governing body who are supportive of the direction the school
• A school open to new ideas.
For further information please contact:
Ms M E Kelly: email@example.com
Information can also be downloaded from the schools website.
Completed application form and letter should be addressed to Mr L Cummins, Headteacher and the closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 27th November 2019. Interviews to take place the week beginning Monday 2nd December 2019.
Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.