Curriculum Leader – Motor Engineering
Salary: Up to £38,193 depending on experience (plus £3,000 additional annual payment)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Site: Accrington & Rossendale College
Closing Date: Midnight – Sunday 5th December 2021
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of Colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College. Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
The College Group is looking for a Curriculum Leader to join our Construction & Motor Engineering division, with a focus on leading the Motor Engineering provision from entry level to level 3. This role will be based at Accrington & Rossendale College on a full-time basis.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Be up to date, plan and prepare and high-quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs or pro rata per annum)
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
• Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
What We Are Looking For:
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• Compliance with CPD requirements
• A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...