‘The morale of middle leaders has increased as they value the clarity of direction and expectation they now receive. External professional development is complemented by a much improved school based programme that is customised to meet the needs of the school’ Ofsted May 2017
Unity City Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are now embedded throughout our Academy. We welcome all routes into teaching through School Direct, PGCE and we are a host school to Ambition School Leadership, Future Leaders and Teach First.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put great emphasis on professional development, both in-house and external, and are proud of the huge improvements that we have made within teaching & learning; which is increasing our numbers of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Middlesbrough as an 11-16 school where we are within easy access from Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and close to major roads, including the A19, A66 and A1 motorway.
We will support the successful candidate’s professional development by ensuring that they are given opportunities to:
- Attend two national maths conferences, each academic year, with 65 other subject leaders in January and July
- Attend three cluster afternoons every year to observe lessons in other schools and share best practice
- Have access to the country’s leading Maths mastery curriculum and assessment materials
- Receive support from the regional Maths leader with at least half-termly support
- Have access to outstanding training, both regionally and nationally
- Join a fantastic Maths forum, sharing ideas with schools all over the country
- develop Maths and numeracy across a network of academies, locally, regionally and nationally (for the right candidate).
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining outcomes.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of our Core and Middle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the Principal, Gemma Simon for an informal discussion about the post and also to visit the academy. Please contact Leanne Stockton, PA to the Principal on 01642 304305 to arrange.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please follow the 'quick apply' link on the advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.