Are you looking for your next career move?
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, inspirational science teacher with proven success, to further shape, develop and lead science within a newly established faculty in a good school where student behaviour is excellent. The right candidate will be a passionate, highly motivated individual with the energy, enthusiasm and drive to develop the science team within the STEM faculty. This position could attract a TLR 2.2 for the right candidate who is looking for a future career opportunity.
At Lostock Hall Academy we are committed to providing our students with the education and the personal development they need to reach their goals. Through a Growth Mindset approach, we promote a can do attitude to learning, with guided pathways into further and higher education and ultimately, to the career that they want to pursue.
The successful candidate will:
· Be confident in teaching the new GCSE standards
· Have outstanding subject knowledge in Science
· Be an excellent classroom practitioner
· Be an active member of the Science team and wider STEM faculty
· Have experience of achieving more than expected progress with students
· Be fastidious, analytical and proactive in using assessment data to inform teaching
· Believe in the potential and growth of all students
· Be passionate about teaching and learning and willing to innovate strategies to secure progress for all
· Be creative, persistent and resilient in supporting students
· Be committed to developing enrichment opportunities for students.
Lostock Hall Academy is a wonderful school to work at where you can be part of a very supportive team. Teachers and support staff here work extremely hard in the best interests of all of the students.
We like to develop the potential in all of our staff so CPD is offered and encouraged. Being a small school allows us to easily share best practice and our experienced members of staff gain satisfaction from passing on knowledge to ITT students.
If you’re an excellent classroom practitioner who is passionate about teaching and learning then we would like to hear from you.
For further information about how to apply, please contact our Hays recruitment partner, Daniel Burgess, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0161 228 7300 during office hours or 07966 129 657 at evenings or weekends.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 23rd November at 9am
Interviews: week commencing 27th November
Lostock Hall Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable people, therefore all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references.