Curriculum Leader of Science
MPS/UPS plus Outer London Allowance
Required for September 2018/January 2019
Ruislip High School opened in 2006 due to the demand for secondary school places in the local community. In its short history, Ruislip High School has become a school of choice; it is a school both in, and for, its local community. The examination results at GCSE are above national average for attainment with a Progress 8 score in the top 30% of schools.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly effective individual to join our flourishing science department. The sciences are an extremely popular choice at A Level and the department has a successful track record of students progressing to Oxbridge and Russell Group universities. The successful candidate will lead one of the three subjects within science and also take responsibility for one of the key stages. We are seeking an individual with the drive and leadership to help take an already effective department to the next level. The TLR is negotiable for a candidate with an outstanding skill set.
The successful applicant will:
· be an excellent and ambitious classroom teacher;
· have a proven and demonstrable track record of success at GCSE and A Level;
· have middle management experience in a science department;
· have a good understanding of the current educational developments, especially those relating to classroom based practice;
· have the highest expectations of students;
· have an enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom;
· have energy, stamina and a sense of humour.
Ruislip High School is an equal opportunities employer
An application form can be downloaded from the school’s website www.ruisliphigh.com/staff-opportunities/ where all information about this post and the school can be obtained.
Applications should be returned to
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 25th June 2018
Interview Day will take place on Thursday 28th June 2018 following the shortlisting process.
The school reserves the right to interview and appoint sooner should a suitable candidate be identified.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB disclosure is required for all posts.