Trinity Sixth Form Academy
Curriculum Leader – Social Sciences
Leadership Scale L1-L6 (£42,195 - £47,735 per annum)
Across Trinity Multi Academy Trust there is a relentless focus on improvement. With that vision in mind, we have worked in partnership with local providers to deliver a brand new Sixth Form College which opened in September 2020. Initially accommodating up to 600 students, it will grow to a capacity of 1000 learners to meet increased demand. The new provision is in the multi-million-pound refurbishment of the Northgate site in central Halifax.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a transformational project, designed to allow more young people to benefit from an outstanding sixth form provision in a state-of-the-art new building. Aspirations and ambitions are high and the potential huge.
We are now seeking a Curriculum Leader for Social Sciences to join our academy. We are looking to recruit a talented and ambitious individual with the passion and subject expertise to develop and embed a curriculum that will help all learners to thrive. You should be passionate about your subject area and keep abreast of the latest research and developments in your field. You will be an excellent practitioner with a track record in securing strong outcomes and in supporting and coaching others in achieving this; our ideal candidate will be an effective leader, committed to inspiring both students and staff to reach their potential.
What we need?
- Experience of raising standards and accountability for the performance of a significant cohort of young people.
- An excellent track record of recent, relevant professional development.
- Evidence of good / outstanding classroom practice.
What can we offer?
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders from around the trust
- A first-class Behaviour for Learning system.
- Excellent teaching resources
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- An excellent CPD package for all staff, including a further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Trinity Teaching School Alliance and West Yorkshire Maths Hub
- A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme and reduced cost health cover
We will be holding a tour around the new Trinity Sixth Form Academy on Thursday 15 April. If you would like to book a place on the tour, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: 01 September 2021
Closing Date: 9.00am; Monday 19 April 2021
Interviews: To be confirmed
Apply now! For further information on this role, the benefits of working for the trust and how to apply, visit our recruitment website; www.trinitymat.org/all-vacancies . Here you can also view our Staff Prospectus.
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.
Trinity Sixth Form Academy
- with state funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
At Trinity Academy Sixth Form we provide an outstanding educational experience for young people from Calderdale and beyond. Our vision is to equip our learners with the necessary qualities, skills and knowledge to become 'Life Read Learners'.
We see ...