The College seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and well-qualified teacher to be able to manage A Level Music at the college. The successful candidate will be required to manage and teach on the A Level Music course and to lead on the strategic direction and organisation of enrichment activities within the department.
Key strengths are:
● Achievement of high grades;
● Outstanding teaching by a team of experienced and motivated staff;
● Exceptional levels of support for students both inside and outside of lessons;
● Fantastic, newly refurbished Mac Suites supporting course delivery
● An enviable reputation for the standard of musical concerts, events and ensembles that currently form part of the enrichment activity.
The Curriculum Area of Music
The department currently is made up of A Level Music (Edexcel), Music Technology (Edexcel) and Btec Music Performance.
A Level Music currently has 68 students across both years and numerous, additional enrichment groups including Choral Society, Chamber Choir and Big Band. These feature both music and non-music students.
The Post of Curriculum Manager
Curriculum Managers are expected to be outstanding classroom practitioners. We are looking for a teacher who displays the following characteristics:
● A thoughtful and self-reflective approach to pedagogy;
● A passion for the subject;
● Excellent subject knowledge and a desire to build on this; and an
● Enthusiasm for working with 16-19 year old students.
● Capable of delivering the subject to a wide range of student abilities.
In addition we are looking for a candidate who recognises the critical importance of developing our students’ literacy and numeracy skills and will implement this as an integral part of their teaching.
Candidates will be part of a team where resources and ideas are freely shared for the greater good of the department. The successful applicant is expected to be flexible, not afraid to meet challenges, and innovative in their approach to curriculum delivery.
How do we support you?
As a new member of staff you will receive plenty of support from your colleagues both from the department and from the wider college community. This will include:
● a mentor to help you through the first year (in particular);
● support from your Senior Curriculum Manager and Director of Faculty; and
● an extensive programme for all new staff to help induct you into College life as well as to develop your approach to teaching
We regard our staff as our most important resource and will do our utmost to support you throughout your time at the College.
Why should you join us?
We continue to be an outstanding provider of post-16 education and in 2019 the results gained by our students placed the College in the top 25% for A-level, and the top 10% for level 3 vocational courses.
If you are motivated by a challenge and feel you could support us to achieve even greater results in 2020/21, this is the right College for you. It is a truly great place to work.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants, however all disabled applicants who meet our minimum criteria will be invited for interview.
Further details of this exciting role and how to apply can be found on our website farnborough.ac.uk/working . Please return completed application, employment declaration and equality monitoring forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th February 2020.
The College has an uncompromising commitment to the safeguarding of our students.