At Heckmondwike Grammar School our motivation is for our students to enjoy their school days and to become thoughtful, articulate, confident and responsible members of society. In order to achieve this we rely on our staff to work closely with students, parents and teachers to provide a supportive community, keeping the well-being of our students at the forefront of everything we do.
The Curriculum Supervisor will be part of a team, providing cover across the curriculum for absent staff and
supporting the production of departmental support resources as directed by the Subject Leader via the Senior
Curriculum Supervisor. This person would ideally have some previous experience in a similar role, but training can be provided for the right candidate.
You will need:
- a positive, can-do attitude
- good communication skills, both written and spoken
- a commitment to supporting the academic and pastoral development of young people
- knowledge of the use of basic IT systems, such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as email
- an interest in working in a busy and demanding education environment
- the ability to take initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
In return we can offer:
- interesting work as a key member of a creative and supportive team
- a learning-centred school where the best possible practice is the priority
- the opportunity to develop personally and professionally
- a vibrant, supportive community of like-minded individuals
Specific responsibilities are set out in a detailed job description.
How Should You Apply?
If you are interested in this position then please visit the vacancies section of our website www.heckgrammar.co.uk. Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com. If you wish to organise a visit to the school please contact Louise Daddy, HR Director on 01924 402202.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 20th September 2017.
Interviews are expected to take place during week commencing 25th September 2017.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to two satisfactory references, a three month trial period, and an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.