Full Time From 1st September 2017
‘This is a good school. Pupils are achieving well. Pupils are polite, friendly, wear their uniforms smartly and behave extremely well around school. Pupils benefit from some strong teaching in Mathematics and English. In some subjects, notably Science, Design and Technology and vocational subjects, it is at times outstanding, leading to excellent outcomes.’ Ofsted June 2016
This post would suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic about Design Technology and Product Design to work in our forward thinking and well-resourced Design and Technology / Arts Department.
The ideal candidate will:
• bring energy, fresh ideas and an expertise to an experienced and successful team with their delivery of Product Design at Key Stage 3 and 4;
• demonstrate a clear understanding of the latest developments with the Key Stage 3 and 4 Design and Technology curriculum;
• have the ability to inspire and engage pupils of all abilities to reach their potential;
• have the flexibility to teach across different subjects at Key Stage 3;
• help to raise the profile of Design and Technology/ Arts by taking the initiative to actively deliver extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for a creative and dynamic colleague to support and compliment the teaching and learning in a thriving department. Our new building ensures that our students and staff have the best learning environment in which to achieve our aims. We view the professional development of all staff as a priority and our innovative ‘Learn Together’ initiative enables all staff to be on our outstanding teacher programme. We have an excellent record of supporting staff development. The successful candidate will fully embrace our ethos of ‘Pride Respect Success’ whilst bringing fresh ideas that will build on current strengths and achievements. We welcome applications from applicants at all stages of their career.
Further details and application form are available from the college website or Irene Hayhurst (on behalf of the Headteacher) as detailed below:
For an application pack please:
• download from the college website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
• or telephone 01282 682313
• or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am Monday 26th June
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.