We are looking for an experienced Data Administrator to assist with the development and use of our new and existing data systems. You will discover efficient ways to organise, store and transfer and analyse data with attention to security and confidentiality.
A great data administrator is able to fully grasp the complexity of data management. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data transfer procedures. You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
The goal is to ensure that information is kept up to date and accurate, and flows in a timely and secure manner within the organization as well as to external government bodies that we are obligated to report to.
Working with the IT Manager you will:
- Develop, revise and implement policies, standards, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the database environments
- Manage and maintain the data stored within the school’s information systems
- Create & revise data management policies
- Establish protocols for sharing information within and without the organisation, establish a documented security matrix for data access
- Assist colleagues in performing every day data-related tasks or retrieving reports or datasets
- Troubleshoot issues with the school’s information systems
The ideal candidate will be:
- Innovative, committed to learning and up-to-date with current research
- Inspiring, challenging and empowering
- An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support the ongoing development of the IT department and the whole school
- Proactive and have an enthusiastic approach
- Flexible and have the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
- A role model for the ISH Community Profile
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Proven experience as a data administrator
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Strong IT skills and ability to use necessary databases and software
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information, and a familiarity with privacy laws and regulations (GDPR)
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Qualification in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field
- Knowledge of SQL (MS SQL / Oracle SQL)
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Experience working in an educational environment & with school SIS/MIS applications (experience with iSams would be a definite advantage)
- Able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and discussing solutions with internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and Google’s suite of applications
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Applicants who have the right to work in The Netherlands
This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
Other benefits include the 8% holiday allowance, a year-end bonus of 8%, a contribution towards travel expenses and the ABP pension scheme.
In addition staff are given a number of options for tax benefits regarding trade union dues, the costs of sports (fitness) membership fees, the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes) and a travel allowance (cafeteria scheme). Rijnlands staff also receive discounts on various insurance policies.
You are invited to express your interest by following the quick apply link and submitting the TES application form, personal motivation letter and CV (all in English) - incomplete applications may not be considered.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, 13 December 2021. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and appoint a successful candidate prior to the deadline. In case of equal suitability, internal candidates are preferred.
The International School of the Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
To this end, the leadership team is required to conduct an oral reference check by directly contacting the current or previous employer.
Furthermore, those who are appointed at The International School of The Hague are required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: VOG). Your appointment with The Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation takes place on condition that you obtain a VOG. Needless to say, Rijnlands will reimburse all costs in relation thereto.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school and our mission, vision and values: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via our website/job-vacancies.
Please refrain from placing this advert on recruiting websites without our permission or using it for acquisition purposes.
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands (Kijkduin). The school is made up of a Prima...