This challenging, permanent, full-time role is a key function of the IT support team, who aim to keep The Leys at the cutting edge of IT provision within education. The main purpose of the role is to manage the School’s information systems, provide training and support for users of these systems, and to provide business intelligence services to the School community.
- Implementation, maintenance, upgrading and ongoing management of all databases and information systems used at the School.
- Technical evaluation, recommendation, implementation, and support of new third-party information systems; acting as vendor contact where required.
- Management of interfaces between Leys information systems. Liaison with third party providers of middleware systems.
- Provision of business intelligence services, custom reports, and data dashboards for users.
- Management of the Leys’ academic Management Information System (iSAMS).
- Providing expert technical advice on compliance and data governance matters.
- Good knowledge of SQL database administration and development.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience of database integration, APIs, data interfaces and data analytics.
- Experience of supporting Management Information Systems.
We require someone confident, who can effectively communicate with users at all technical skill levels. You will need an enthusiastic approach to learning new technologies and helping others. Relevant training is provided.
Benefits include 33 days paid holiday (inclusive of 8 bank holidays); free meals whilst on duty in term time; contributory pension scheme; use of the Leys Leisure facilities; on-site parking is available. Hours are 37.5/week Monday-Friday with around 5 Saturday morning shifts a year, providing general IT support during lessons, and occasional evening support work rewarded as lieu time. The School has a flexible approach to remote working.
For further details of the position, school, and application procedure please contact Jessica Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org / 07799763440.
Applications should be submitted to Jessica Marshall email@example.com Applications will be considered as soon as they are received. The School reserves the right to withdraw this advert should a suitable candidate be found.
The Leys is a thriving school with a particularly friendly and supportive staff and pupil community. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Before appointment to any role in the school, checks including an Enhanced DBS Check and workplace references will be undertaken in accordance with current statutory guidance.
The Foundation is committed to fostering an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity and celebrates the diverse voice of our community.
Charity no: 1144035.
The Leys School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years