Post: Data Manager
Grade: (NJE Grade 5, Points 24-28)
Salary: £21,962 to £24,964 this will be pro rata for term time only
Hours: 37 hours per week term time only plus 10 days as directed by the Academy
Start date ASAP
The Trent Academies Group is an emerging multi-academy trust, based in Nottingham. Our aim is to support schools and academies in providing outstanding education for their pupils. The Trust currently consists of Rushcliffe School, an outstanding school in West Bridgford and The Farnborough Academy, Clifton and the Arnold Hill Academy, Arnold.
In our Group we work together, share staff, join up expertise, build on each other’s strengths, pool resources and combine facilities, so that everybody, staff and pupils, gets the chance to shine and achieve their best.
Rushcliffe School is committed to inclusion and we are looking for a Data Manager to join our very positive and experienced team. This is a permanent post
We are seeking to appoint a confident individual to work within the Data and Exams Team. The successful individual would be expected to have responsibility for the effective and efficient management and administration of all school assessment data processes and the submission of the termly DfE School Census Returns ensuring the school’s conformance to all guidance and regulations.
The following are the principle duties of the post. They are meant to provide a working framework within which the post holder should exercise initiative and accountability.
- Responsibility for overseeing the management of the assessment data process, providing strategic input into the development and improvement of the process.
- Lead on the production of accurate data analysis and reports as required by SLT and teaching staff.
- Download, analyse and import assessment data from external sources, such as Fischer Family Trust, into SIMS to assist teaching staff in accurate target setting for students.
- Ensure the accurate recording of student data in the school’s census return, reporting as required to the Local Authority and the DfE.
- Lead on the set up and maintenance of SISRA, ensuring accurate target, qualification and achievement data is uploaded and recorded.
- Work with the MIS Leader to support others (including the Data Assistant) in the use of data systems.
- Ensure joint working with the Examinations Officer to provide consistency and flexibility in terms of workloads at particular times of the year.
- Responsibility for quality assuring all aspects of the tasks listed above. This includes holding process review meetings, networking and liaising with available experts to ensure continued improvements to processes.
- Use relevant courses, meetings and training aids to both maintain and develop knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to the tasks and responsibilities of the role.
- Undertake any other duties, which may be reasonably regarded as within the nature and the responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- Safeguard the health and safety of all persons under his/her control and guidance in accordance with the provision of health and safety legislation.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by his/her activities.
Rushcliffe is a popular and successful school in a pleasant, suburban area of Nottingham. It has a strong tradition of pastoral care, academic success and extra-curricular enrichment.
It is intended that the role would be based at Rushcliffe School but the diversity of academies within the Group will provide fantastic opportunities for staff to develop their practice and skills.
The Trent Academies Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This post may be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information and an application form, please visit our website at:
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date: 17th January 2018 (midday)
Interviews w/c 22nd January 2018
Only applications submitted using the applicant form will be accepted. Agency applications will not be considered.