We are seeking to appoint a Day Matron to play an important role in the running of our school boarding houses.
The appointment of Day Matron is a term-time only position, working Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm. However the ability and willingness also to work some daytime weekend shifts would be a considerable advantage.
The successful candidate may, additionally, have the opportunity from time to time to take on some evening shifts as a relief Houseparent.
The Day Matron will be part of the school’s boarding house staff team. Their role is to provide cover in the boarding houses during the day, to help provide pastoral and general welfare support for students, and to help with various aspects of the running of the Houses. Among other things, this includes making sure that any boarders who are not well enough to be in school are looked after and that their basic medical needs are met; and working with the Houseparents to ensure that the laundry and general housekeeping arrangements are running smoothly.
- A thoughtful, responsible, patient, kind and caring personality;
- A cheerful, warm and upbeat manner;
- Very good people and communication skills at all levels;
- The ability to work and get on well with young people;
- An appreciation of the importance of safeguarding and appropriate behaviour in a school;
- The ability to deal thoughtfully and sensibly with unexpected situations if and when they arise;
- A conscientious and flexible approach;
- The ability to use PC based tools such Word and Excel.
Desirable – though not essential
- Nursing skills / experience at any level.
If you would like any further information at this stage, please feel free to telephone Jonathan Cuff, Deputy Principal Pastoral, on the main school number 01865 688600
The Application Form, full Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter should be submitted electronically and a signed copy sent to:
333 Banbury Road
Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than Tuesday 1 May 2018