25 hours a week (8:30am – 1:30pm or 9am – 2pm)
Percy Shurmer Academy is a large two form entry primary academy. We currently have 450 pupils aged from 3 to 11 which also includes 29 children in our Nursery and 14 hearing impaired pupils in our Deaf Learning Base (DLB). The school is divided into Nursery and Reception (EYFS), Years 1 – 2 (KS1) and Years 3-6 (KS2). We have been rated by Ofsted as Good ( June 2016) and work closely with Montgomery Primary Academy our partnership school sharing practices and procedures.
We are recruiting for a proactive and enthusiastic Deputy Cook who will assist the Catering Supervisor in the continued development of our school kitchen.
The main duties will include:
- Assisting with daily management of the kitchen under the supervision of the Catering Supervisor.
- To deputise the Catering Supervisor in their absence
- To assist with the preparation and cooking of all food and serve pupils during
- breakfast, lunch and break
- To assist with food orders and stock takes
- To assist with staff training and supervision as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 2 CIEH/Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- Knowledge of hygiene regulations, management of health and safety and nutritional food standards.
- Ideally, have experience in a school setting or educational environment
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans, and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 09 December 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.