An exciting and fulfilling opportunity exists for a passionate and creative leader to join a talented and committed Technology team, at a rapidly improving local authority school in Hampshire. Required for Sept 2018, we are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join a dedicated team of Technology and Art teachers.
The person will need to be willing to teach in our very popular food technology department, along with another (open) technology subject. As an inspirational individual, you will have a proven track record of teaching high quality lessons across the ability range for 11-16 year-old children. You will be responsible for planning and delivering an innovative high-quality technology curriculum and lead a dedicated team of staff.
Our aim, quite simply, is to make sure that every child, in every lesson, every day is achieving excellence. That is the heart of what we believe and try to live up to. Cove School is a great place to work with close links to the local authority and is relentlessly focused on achieving the highest standard of education for the children of Cove.
The deputy curriculum leader for technology will work closely with the faculty leader of Art and Technology to ensure success for every child. We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
• Engage, enthuse, motivate and challenge students and staff to raise achievement at all levels.
• Support the faculty leader in ensuring the smooth and effective daily running of the technology department.
• Ensure the technology team maintains high standards in Teaching and Learning and student progress.
• Have excellent subject knowledge.
• Have a keen interest in developing the food technology and health and nutrition areas within technology.
• Support the development of another area of technology at Cove.
In return you can expect:
• Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for professional development.
• A dedicated team who place students at the heart of everything.
• Great students who are proud to be part of the school.
• An open and honest professional culture and learning community.
• A well resourced curriculum area.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, building on our success and joining us on our exciting journey to become an outstanding school, we would love to hear from you. For further information regarding Cove School, please visit our website www.cove.hants.sch.uk and email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and further details.
If you wish to discuss the post further and visit the school / technology department you are very welcome. Please phone the main school line to arrange a time on 01252 542397.