Due to our increasing popularity and expanding roll, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, effective, innovative and highly motivated Deputy Curriculum Leader of Maths to join our growing team of staff from September 2017. We are an Academy with Outstanding Leadership and Management at all levels across the school. (Ofsted 2010 & Ofsted 2013 – overall effectiveness “Outstanding”)
Our maths results were the best ever in 2016 with 77% A*-C in maths and English.
The successful candidate must have;
- An understanding of curriculum planning and assessment,
- Proven data analysis skills,
- A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people,
- The ability to influence vision, policy and practice in maths at Whitley Academy, driving forward teaching and learning so that our pupils continue to achieve excellent results and The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team.
We will offer you;
- A well-established, positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors,
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further,
- Access to The RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff,
- A Talent Management strategy that ensures teachers at all stages of their career have access to a range of leadership development programmes and
- Facilitation of a range of accredited courses such as NPQML, NPQSL, NPSML along with our RSA Leadership Development Programme.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership.
We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’. To find out more about Whitley Academy, please visit our website or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please visit the RSA Academies website.
Informal visits are warmly welcomed.
Further information regarding this vacancy and the application process can be downloaded from this website or alternatively can be found at http://www.whitleyacademy.com/Recruitment.aspx
Completed applications should be returned via email to email@example.com.
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted, CVs not accompanied with a completed application form will not be considered.
Closing date is: Noon – Monday 24th April 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children.This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This post is not open to recruitment agencies.
Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.